2021-2022 ESSER III/School Innovation and Improvement Plan
Outcome goals for this academic year.
Complete ESSER School Funding Plans
2021-2022 ESSER III/SIIP At-a-Glance
Floris Elementary School
Holly Walker, Principal
ESSER III English Language Arts Strategies
Outcome: Ensure students are making sufficient progress to be on grade level in English Language Arts.
- Leverage Tier 1 core resource Imagine Language and Literacy for small group Tier 2 instruction.
- Create and develop opportunities for students to engage with quality, leveled texts; including establishing a take-home reading program (grades 1-3) and book clubs (grades 4-6).
- Small group Tier 2/ Tier 3 instruction, including a before school program.
ESSER III Mathematics Strategies
Outcome: Ensure students are making sufficient progress to be on grade level in Mathematics.
- Provide extended ELD support (targeted support provided in addition to Tier 1 core instruction) in explicit language instruction in the domains of listening, speaking, reading, and writing using math content during intervention or flexible instructional times.
- Create small groups to participate in targeted Math interventions, including AVMR, Building Fact Fluency, and/ or Reflux.
ESSER III Wellness Strategies
Outcome: Ensure students feel safe, included, and supported in the school environment.
- Strengthen Tier 1 evidenced-based strategies in instruction.
- Provide targeted Tier 2 student support.
Background: All Fairfax County schools are also required to complete an access and opportunity goal as part of their School Innovation and Improvement Plan (SIIP) and can also capture additional goals. These are shown below.
Access & Opportunity End of Year SMARTR Outcome
Goal: By June 2022, the percent of classrooms using AAP curriculum resources and/or strategies, in addition to the monthly AART lessons, will increase to 75% on a monthly basis.
- Increase staff awareness of AAP curriculum resources for all students. This ties into critical and creative thinking strategies.
- Increase staff implementation of AAP curriculum resources.