School Innovation & Improvement Plan
Outcome goals for this academic school year.
School Innovation and Improvement Plan At-a-Glance
Floris Elementary School
Gail Porter, Principal
End of Year SMARTR Outcome: CLOSE THE GAP LITERACY GOAL
By the end of June 2019, all students in grades K-6 that are identified as 39% or below on the fall iReady assessment will improve by at least one year’s growth, as measured by the DRA, the CORE phonics or other recommended diagnostic assessment.
- As a school community, continue to learn and implement the new FCPS Language Arts pacing guide to strengthen our balanced literacy program.
- Expand the Responsive Instruction model and provide targeted support and differentiation for at-risk students.
- Ensure additional support for students through double-dipping.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome: RAISE THE BAR INNOVATION GOAL
By June 2019, 90% of students in grades K-6 will increase their proficiency in communication as measured by the student self assessment, plus explore one additional attribute from Portrait of a Graduate that will be team choice.
- Professional Development: Teachers will participate in professional learning opportunities with a school-wide focus on the attributes of the FCPS Portrait of a Graduate.
- All teachers will implement at least one PBL unit during the school year aligned to content of their choice.
- Provide explicit instruction and reflection for students.