To foster individual growth and learning in a respectful, safe, and supportive environment.
Floris Elementary develops collaborative global citizens in a setting that promotes flexible thinking, cultural diversity and equity for all.
FCPS School ProfileView our school profile
Boundary LocatorWhich schools serve a particular address?
- Treating all people with kindness, courtesy, and respect
- Promoting cultural inclusiveness and responsible citizenship
- Encouraging student success through Responsive Classroom
- Including students with disabilities in general education classes
- Identifying and supporting students for intervention and enrichment
- Providing the opportunity for all students to further develop creativity, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Integrating technology into the curriculum
- Building reading skills through a balanced literacy approach
- Promoting effective communication
- Providing foreign language instruction via LTC (Learning Through Content)
- Preparing students for the 21st Century workforce through STEAM lessons and activities
- Fostering a life-long love of learning
Interested in Visiting Floris?
Parents are always welcome at Floris. We encourage you to spend time at our school: attend student performances, and participate in our volunteer program. However, if you would like to visit the classroom (for not more than 30 minutes so that disruptions are kept to a minimum), please make arrangements at least 24 hours in advance with the principal and teacher. Persons observing will be accompanied by the principal, assistant principal or their designee. Due to insurance regulations, younger children, friends of children, or students from other schools will not be permitted in classrooms. All visitors must come to the office, sign-in, and obtain a visitor’s badge before going to any classroom.